Wednesday, July 29, 2009

First Post

I started my weight loss as of June 1st 2009.

I decided to lose weight when my brother called me out on my eating habits. I was hurt, I cried and I was pissed off. How dare he tell me that I ate too much? Well he was right, and he was right to worry. I am a diabetic and this illness would have killed me if I had not changed my eating habits.

It took me a while to start, a week or so, and I decided to stick to it. I started off by using my wii fit, but running inside a small apartment isn't very fun. I decided to hit the gym and started going everyday and on good days twice a day (morning and evening).

I cut down on my calorie intake, consuming a total of 2000 calories and burning 600-800 making it a total of 1200-1500 a day.

I changed my eating habits dramatically, drinking soda on the weekends or only in restaurants, eating healthier (more chicken and sea food) and only eating red meat once a week or once every two weeks.

I started making breakfast instead of only relying on cereal or skipping breakfast. I also eat more throughout the day. I eat 3 meals and have 3 snacks.






My meals are mostly high protein, I'm building muscle in order to burn calories much faster. My breakfasts consists of:
  • Yogurt
  • Granola
  • Honey
  • Eggs
  • Toast
  • Egg Burrito (once a week)
My lunch consists of
  • A sandwich on whole grain bread (one slice of bread to lower carbs)
  • Healthy Choice meals
I try to make my lunch about 500 calories or so in an attempt to keep my blood sugar under control, with all of the exercise I've been doing and the smaller meals I've been eating my body starts to consume all the sugar I feed it right away.

I try to get the healthy choice meals that are around 250 calories so I can eat a sandwich if I get hungry a few hours later, if not I get a 300-350 calorie meal and eat a snack like a Soy Joy bar.

Before I hit the gym I either have a soy joy bar or a special K bar. If I ate an hour or so before I eat a small salad so I don't pass out during a work out.

I started riding my bike around campus in an attempt to get more exercise and get around much faster. I bought a bike lunch box so I don't have to carry a lunch bag around all day.

I've lost 20 pounds so far and I feel so much better. My cravings have gone down significantly and I feel more energetic. Since I'm working out twice a day and I don't want my progress to go to waste, I try to eat as healthy as possible.

I also trick myself around tempting food. If my mom makes tacos I load them up with as many veggies possible to get fuller faster without eating too much.

So I hope to keep blogging with more tips, more stories and hopefully more pounds shed.

This is it for now, keep reading to get updated.

I would also love to hear weight loss stories from you, tips and other goodies.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com